First Track Day Starting on a Downer :(

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s-l1600.jpg

Sorry to see that.

In hindsight, looks like it wasn't being held up by opposite forces, a strap over the top doesn't grip well enough.

KFM may have cheaper options for replacement parts.

- Alex

Bummer, not disastrous so hope you keep it shiny side up tomorrow.

Thanks mate, as you say could have been a lot worse as there's not a mark anywhere else on the bike.

Sorry to see that.

In hindsight, looks like it wasn't being held up by opposite forces, a strap over the top doesn't grip well enough.

KFM may have cheaper options for replacement parts.

- Alex

Who's KFM?
Looking back I'd strapped it like a complete idiot, thought I was being clever and completely my fault.

Found a complete tail piece 2nd hand on ebay for ?170, tempted to get a rear light unit that includes the indicators (my light isn't damaged but does have stone chips) but not sure if they're actually legal? Then paint will be a couple of hundred at a guess? I can make a tail tidy at work so that's no issue. Luckily it's nowhere near any other parts so colour match won't even be a worry.

In some ways it's not the end of the world as the tail tidy has lost some powder and is starting to rust, I'm not happy with whoever fitted it as the wiring is all electrical taped up and isn't very neat so it means I can get all of that sorted and done properly so at least that makes me feel a little bit better.

It's amazing as I was taking the piss out of my mate about not knowing how to use ratchet straps about 15 minutes before hand, karma is a slag!

Does anyone know what the colour code is for the bike?

Unlucky Joe. Lucky it wasnt the exhaust side!

Sorry to hear of your bike transport issue Joe. As Felix says it?s lucky the bike didn?t fall on the exhaust side.

I hope after a good nights rest you have a fantastic day tomorrow!

Well today was amazing, really improved over the day and felt a lot more comfortable. Got pushed into intermediates but asked to go back down as there was so many people in that group there was no clear track. Pretty happy I wasn't the slowest!

Hopefully going to book again for 24th, lots of improvements to be made. Feel shattered now though, didn't realise how much hard work it would be!

Well today was amazing, really improved over the day and felt a lot more comfortable. Got pushed into intermediates but asked to go back down as there was so many people in that group there was no clear track. Pretty happy I wasn't the slowest!

Hopefully going to book again for 24th, lots of improvements to be made. Feel shattered now though, didn't realise how much hard work it would be!
Glad you had a great time in the end

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back