Hello one and all, new on a s1000!! bring on warp speed!!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris87

Reaction score
Hello one and all,

I'm from Camberley, Surrey. Have recently part ex'd my 675 triple for an s1000rr. Quite possibly the best decicion i've ever made!

Riding history isn't that great, didn't even know how to ride a bike 2 years ago! Did my CBT and got onto a Honda NSR 125 which was great fun lil bike, can properly learn how to throw that thing around! after a year on that and a blown engine :) I did my DAS course and bought myself a Triumph Street Triple R. Wicked bike, couldnt ask for better to learn on a bigger bike, fair amount of power and wicked handling. But this year i got myself a little addiction, trackdays!!!!!

I have done a few trackdays all at silverstone over the period of a couple months, couple on my triple, one on a CBR600RR and the last one I did was on a BMW S1000RR Sport. This day I fell in love with the BMW :) after this day i could see how amazing this bike is but had to see for myself what it was like on the road. I spoke to BMW and they were more than happy to give me an extended test ride. I spent two hours and a tank of fuel in awe of the bike, SOOO good on the road! I got back to the showroom and basically jumped at the oportunity to sign on the dotted line!! week later I was the pround new owner of the S1000RR. I'm still trying to get through the 600 miles but getting there slowly but surely. That 600mile mark can't come quick enough!! so many miles and not enough spare time......

So the question is who's near camberley and fancy's going for a ride?

There's a few ex 675 owners on this site inc me
DSC01202.jpg

Hey, Thanks Everyone!! Nice looking daytona Reddevil007. I had the naked street triple R.

Fatbob (lol awesome name!) The flavour I got was in red n white, 2012 with warm hands and the ability to shift pretty damn quick!

bananaman I cant comment on the daytona as I had the Triumph Street Triple R (naked) But I loved it on track. Once I had the suspension set up it handled like a dream!

Hi chris and welcome, glad you decided on the bike that blows all others away. Shame you got the slow red/white one as bluefire is the fastest ;)

bananaman link=topic=1273.msg11853#msg11853 date=1345022447 said:
Hi, good choice 8)
Not wanting hijack the thread but thinking of getting 675 for track good idea?
Daytona 675 is a stunning bike, just not as stunning as S1000. Engine noise superb

Back