dynojet quickshifter HELP

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v60lee

Reaction score
Hi all,

im needing some advice about my dynojet quickshifter.

Here goes......

2011 s1000rr with a power commander 5 and ive just bought a dyno jet quickshifter.
Ive been told that i need either a OEM module that cuts the top bank of injectors ( but doesnt allow any fueling adjustment ) or a secondary ignition module that cuts the upper bank of injectors ( but DOES allow fueling adjustments ) as the upper injectors only run at high RPM and dont allow shifting.

My confusion is that if you fit a stand alone quickshifter alongside a power commander ( running the lower 4 injectors ) then how does that work and a power commander doesnt and will need these extra modules ???????

any thoughts will be greatly appreciated

lee

Not always mate, PCV controls 1 bank of injectors secondary fuel module controls the 2nd bank. Dynojet ignition module alters the ignition advance/retard.

Power Commander Quickshifter cuts fuel supply from the injectors. A PC111 or PCV only controls the main injectors so needs a secondary fuel module to provide the ability to cut the fuel supply from them as well and enable the shifter to work.

Other shifters don't cut the fuel at all. They plug into the spark coil tops and cut the spark instead (the oem BMW one does this) allowing the injectors to continue to supply fuel during the shift. This actually works much better.

Do yourself a favour and don't bother with the Dynojet shifter. It is shit.

Buy an HM Quickshifter instead. It's more expensive but will work alongside a PCV and not require you to buy the secondary fuel module.

Back