Got a puncture

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bettybeamer

Reaction score
Whilst riding home today thought my ridings crap must be having a bad day.put bike away.decided to clean it this afternoon something to do&then I noticed it wasn't my riding f..king puncture in the rear.so my question is which is the best puncture repair kits available as there is shed loads of tyre life left?

I thought that might be the answer. Bit skint at the moment having forked out for a AR used arcs system&pcv.ok slighty different direction to the topic.who ridden the longest with a professionaly fitted plug? Or I've got them conti attacks fitted to mine should I replace with same rear or could I go for different rear or change both?

I did over a 1000 miles with a plugged rear tyre, not a problem at all, ive even run track bikes on a plugged tyres. if its done right i cant see the issue.
I know other people who wont have tyres plugged and just replace them :eek:

I have had numerous punctures over the years but the most recent was in the rear Dunlop gp211 which is a full on track tyre. It had only done 200 miles and I had it plugged at the fitters and it never caused a problem till I chucked it away 1000 miles later.

Buy the pocket plugger from amazon they have got me & my mates out of sticky situations on many occasions, and depending on your usage they do last for the life of the tyre! ;) :D

babarr46 link=topic=1255.msg11655#msg11655 date=1344800917 said:
Buy the pocket plugger from amazon they have got me & my mates out of sticky situations on many occasions, and depending on your usage they do last for the life of the tyre! ;) :D
I brought the pocket tire plugger kit plugged it yesterday still holding the same pressure today joy.will check it out tomorrow on a ride out.there was a leaflet with it about a product called punctureseal that been tested on Dunlop tyres speeds of 150mph. Its simular to slime

Back