Trackday petrol filler jug

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyingscotsman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Can anybody provide an ebay or other link to buy a filler jug with long flexi-spout ?

All my searches seem to pull up are plastic jerry cans.

Cheers :)

Typing in Jugs could have brought up some far more interesting items than a fuel refill jug lol

5L is enough for a session...I wait till the fuel light is on then chuck in 5L. I know then that I have more than enough for a session but not enough to ruin the handling.

5L is enough for a session...I wait till the fuel light is on then chuck in 5L. I know then that I have more than enough for a session but not enough to ruin the handling.

When I get to the point that the amount of fuel in my tank ruins the handling I’ll be a very happy boy!
Cant wait to get back out :emmersed:

FYI, as you've not been, with FE 'at Almeria' you 'buy' 25L plastic drums of fuel for ?30 a pop. 1 lasts a normal day. Once it's empty you return the empty and buy a new one.

With No Limits and FE away from Almeria; you rent the same style drum, empty. You then have to to source your fuel/grade using your Hire Car.

Last edited:
Am I the only person that uses clear pipe connected to 12v pump.
Plugs into optimate connector on side of bike, flick inline switch, and it saves ur arms for the circuit and avoids contaminating the fuel.

Looks that way, seems a complex way of just dispensing and pouring in 3 to 5 litre of fuel Jay

Trackday Petrol Filler Jug

+1. It seems like a convoluted way just to put a couple of litres of fuel into the tank to last a couple of sessions. Everyone I know just pours it straight into the tank and gets out on track!

Fuel

...avoids contaminating the fuel.

I really wouldn?t both worrying about contaminating fuel on trackdays unless you are using race fuel which is horrendously expensive and running a 5.2 specification HP engine or higher.

Fuel Pumps

The only time I?ve really seen it being done using fuel pumps is in the BSB paddock when they are worrying about weight and analysing huge quantities of data and calculating fuel loads exactly to save a few hundredths of a second; especially during qualifying. At Club racing up to MRO level most just put in enough fuel to get the bike to go full race distance and it doesn?t get much more complicated than that. At most circuits 3/4s filled normally suffices unless you are at a really fast circuit like Silverstone or Snetterton. As for qualifying you would just put in a couple of litres and try and put in a fast lap and not fall off. I don?t weigh a lot either which certainly helped as well! On trackdays everyone just pours it in, gets out on track and enjoys themselves.

By far the most interesting fuel systems that I?ve ever seen are the quick-fill kits and specially designed fuel tanks that you see in endurance racing. Those are seriously impressive and the speed and accuracy at which they fill the tank is absolutely unbelievable. What makes it even more special is that the mechanics still have the presence of mind to do the job precisely with no sleep during a 24 hour race. The rapid fuelling kits you also see at the TT are amazing as well.

Fuel Jugs

Cheers Ry the second one - filling jug is what I am after.

The best one to buy is the Sealey 5 litre jug. The others are just a bit too small and 5 litres is more than enough for a single trackday session. If your doing a European event the haulage company won?t have any issue with you packing one either provided that it?s completely empty.

I'd keep it simple for the first one.

Also, when packing tools - everyone has got spanners etc. You don't need to cover every eventuality.

Cheers Alex, that's good advice! In addition to bike, & riding kit I was planning to take: filling jug, new set of brake pads, one spare rear tyre, sockets and tools to change brake pads, & foot pump with pressure gauge. Not using warmers so not planning on taking stands.

Anything obvious missing?

Changed the wheels & tyres this week to something a bit more sporty (Diablo Rosso IIIs), the Roadtecs will be going back on for the NC500 trip in May.

You?ll be fine on road tyres without warmers.
Leave the bike in the sun when off it...it really does make a difference.

If you can change pads you?ve got the essentials.

Brake cleaner, toothbrush.
Chain cleaner/lube.
Axle grease (Motul).
Latex gloves?
Blue roll (tough kitchen roll).
A tub to stick nuts and bolts in whilst you work.
Zip ties. Stick one on a fork. Check your travel after a session.
Duck Tape.

I used Rosso 3?s on an R1 at Almeria in March ?17. They performed well (I had warmers) but eventually I was taking the piss with stabs of throttle and the TC properly had to cut in and stop me going flying. My point is, run it in user (slick engine, race for the rest) and don?t reduce the TC too much. Probably leave it on 0 and see if it holds you back.

Cameras?
Visor cleaner?
Spare visor? You?ll want a mid to heavy tint.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Last edited:
Back