DIY(help)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bettybeamer

Reaction score
Good evening.ive recently purchased a used austing racing arcs system with cut down headers from a very friendly&helpful member off the forum.what I'm after is some help to fit this along with a pcv.im really not up to trying to do this myself but would like to watch(help)someone who could so I could learn a bit.otherwise if I take it to be fitted I won't learn jack.will pay for your time buy the way I live in east.sussex ?

Shame your so far away, ive just fitted my ARCS system and power commander in the last couple of weeks and i would of give you a hand ;) but im in Tyneside :)

Billy

Be brave, its easier than you think just take your time and don't panic cos you do have to disassemble a lot of the bike to do it! The trickiest bit i'd say is removing the original pipes it a chinese puzzle getting them out & not damaging the rads. You can download the akrapovic pdf's from their website they have very clear pics. The pcv is a piece of piss to fit just check that theres 2 posi taps cos in my box there was only 1. If your fairly competent with spanners give yourself a full day, you can't beat the i did that feeling when you're finished ;) :) ;D

babarr46 link=topic=1248.msg11538#msg11538 date=1344549815 said:
Be brave, its easier than you think just take your time and don't panic cos you do have to disassemble a lot of the bike to do it! The trickiest bit i'd say is removing the original pipes it a chinese puzzle getting them out & not damaging the rads. You can download the akrapovic pdf's from their website they have very clear pics. The pcv is a piece of piss to fit just check that theres 2 posi taps cos in my box there was only 1. If your fairly competent with spanners give yourself a full day, you can't beat the i did that feeling when you're finished ;) :) ;D

Agree with this, although I can only remember 1 positap. Why did you need two?

yep only 1 positap required
the only issue for the whole job is this little fucker

7dec9cad.jpg

its little bracket that connects the headers to the block

Thanks for all the info I have looked at all the fitting instructions & yes the pcv fitting looks easy. But the other still freaks me out a bit.anyway I've been given Austin racings number to ring & speak to a very nice chap who going to fit all for a very good price £75.i wonder if I can watch&make tea?

Yes bob your right that is the most awkward part, i had a racefit system made then removed it why the bike went for service, the exhaust has never been used and is just sat in the garage.

Ive also got a brand now PCV sat in the garage, just never got the time to fit things.

Will have to decide if to fit it or sell it and save for a HP4

As for the posh tap you can just piggy back and solder the wires

If i lived closer i would do it for you

;D
Dave

ekdg link=topic=1248.msg11586#msg11586 date=1344618468 said:
Yes bob your right that is the most awkward part, i had a racefit system made then removed it why the bike went for service, the exhaust has never been used and is just sat in the garage.

Ive also got a brand now PCV sat in the garage, just never got the time to fit things.

Will have to decide if to fit it or sell it and save for a HP4

As for the posh tap you can just piggy back and solder the wires

If i lived closer i would do it for you

;D
Dave
How much do you want for the pcv if your selling ?

Godzilla link=topic=1248.msg11561#msg11561 date=1344594935 said:
babarr46 link=topic=1248.msg11538#msg11538 date=1344549815 said:

Agree with this, although I can only remember 1 positap. Why did you need two?
I had two one for the throttle position sensor and another for the gear sensor!! But there was only one in the box annoyingly!!

Back