Track bike insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smarshies

Reaction score
Would appreciate some advice based on what you're all doing for track bike insurance or not as the case may be. Taking my bike on track this year rather than the road. Bike is worth ?12k I reckon. I've had a renewal quote from MCE insurance for this year that gives me trackday cover but only for half the value of the bike. (I.e ?6k excess!) Premium for fully comp is just over ?200 for the year. As I'm not going to be riding on the road this year it would just be for fire and theft whilst in the garage and ?6k cover for track.

I've also had a quote from bemoto instead for multi trackday cover ?540 for 6 trackdays. This is ?2k excess giving me ?10k on track. Their separate sorn insurance is the same premium as the mce insurance.

My dilemma is do I go for the cheaper option and accept ?6k cover or pay for the bemoto cover? You'll probably say pay your money and take your choice. I know if I paid for the higher bemoto insurance and binned the bike i'd be glad I did, over and above the mce premium. Realise I've probably answered my own question here but wondered what everyone else does or would do. Cheers

Back