ZXCV12's Tyre/Warmers Question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zxcv12

Reaction score
Jeez.... this forum is a must see! I’m off to Almeria in a few weeks, I’ve spent most of my time seeking this kind of help: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xOo17LDySfg
And also considering tyres/slicks and investing in some tyre warmers.
But, it’s the basics that I have NO idea of the will catch me out. Anyone got an idiots guide/link to slicks and tyre warmers that will get me started? Thanks all for the electrical gremlins waiting for me ��

Re: Euro Power Lead Set Up

Dunlop D212 Racer or Bridgestone V02's you won't come unstuck on either.

I have and 2 of my mates subsequently bought, the Diamond Digital Tyre Warmers.

Last edited:
Re: Euro Power Lead Set Up

Dunlop D212 Racer or Bridgestone V02's you won't come unstuck on either.

I have and 2 of my mates subsequently bought, the Diamond Digital Tyre Warmers.
Thanks Alex, so do you think there’s any point in using either of those without warmers? I can imagine not being able to get them warm enough to get much grip and coming off. Would these option be suitable as a first time on slicks?

I?m not quick, the 212 ?Racers? are aimed at track dayers, my confidence shot up fitting them.
You can run without warmers BUT why waste 2 laps? The warmers allow you to get on it straight away.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

I have a 2 sets of V02?s waiting to go on because people I trust rate them.

The key is getting the right compound for the track/air temps.

Last edited:
I’m not quick, the 212 ‘Racers’ are aimed at track dayers, my confidence shot up fitting them.
You can run without warmers BUT why waste 2 laps? The warmers allow you to get on it straight away.

yeah ideally with warmers, but I’d then need front and rear stands and warmers. Starting to get expensive! I can see me tipping it over getting it on/off the stands too. Do you know if they sell them at Almeria? Save me the hassle of hiring a van as you can’t ride on slicks to the pickup point (as far as I know)

yeah ideally with warmers, but I?d then need front and rear stands and warmers. Starting to get expensive! I can see me tipping it over getting it on/off the stands too. Do you know if they sell them at Almeria? Save me the hassle of hiring a van as you can?t ride on slicks to the pickup point (as far as I know)

Fe will rent you stands.

Usually you find someone kind enough to pull the rear stand once you?re on the bike ready to go.

Side stand -> rear stand -> front stand -> warmers on.

The reverse to go out.

Personally I just invested. The stands are great for maintenance anyway.
Constands from Motea are most vfm option.
Harris cost more but are excellent.

You will need to deliver by van or have someone follow in a car. You ship;
Toolbox, leathers/gear, warmers, chair, fuel jug, power lead for warmers, spare tyres or order from the trackday company.

When I did slicks at my first euro trip, I did day 1 on road tyres (Metzeler K3RR?s), using warmers, learning the process of coming in and going out. Then I moved to slicks on day 2, happy I knew the track. The slicks I used were the Comp K training slicks, I do not recommend them on an RR as the front tyre isn?t communicative though.

I don?t deny its costly to get going but many items are buy once...

Fe will rent you stands.

Usually you find someone kind enough to pull the rear stand once you?re on the bike ready to go.

Side stand -> rear stand -> front stand -> warmers on.

The reverse to go out.

Personally I just invested. The stands are great for maintenance anyway.
Constands from Motea are most vfm option.
Harris cost more but are excellent.

You will need to deliver by van or have someone follow in a car. You ship;
Toolbox, leathers/gear, warmers, chair, fuel jug, power lead for warmers, spare tyres or order from the trackday company.

When I did slicks at my first euro trip, I did day 1 on road tyres (Metzeler K3RR?s), using warmers, learning the process of coming in and going out. Then I moved to slicks on day 2, happy I knew the track. The slicks I used were the Comp K training slicks, I do not recommend them on an RR as the front tyre isn?t communicative though.

Good tips, thanks! I did see somebody turn up at a trackday with warmers and both stands bungeed to the rear seat on a fire blade a few years ago. Looked really sketchy, and he dropped the bike putting it up on the rear stand. I?ll see what I can find and practice a bit first in the garage...

like alex said theres always someone to give u a hand, time you roll your bike back someone will be there to put stand on, especially abroad

Yes will be fine, I'm going with another euro novice so we'll tag team the stands. Pits are always friendly places, somebody will show us the ropes

Back