RP-1 GP ????

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trikbits

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just ordered the scorpion exhaust then noticed that it does not attach to the original connector but the pillion foot peg hanger :(. Could anyone suggest a mod to sort this out as i think the look is a little unfinished as the original is not used.
Should i go for an Akrapovic and cancell the Scorpion or look at other options??

Your advice would be greatly appreciated

Ride Safe

Joe

You'll find lots of posts on this subject if you look about
I know what you mean about the lug though , I now have the same

A bought an Austin Racing slip on which is great and doesn't use / require the original fixing. Milly has an Akrapovic on his which does use the original hanger mount. Got to say the Akra sounds the best of the 2.

Sadly, slip ons do nothing for sound or power on the S1R so are almost not worth bothering with. The only thing they improve is looks.

Scorpions have a terrible reputation for build quality too. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

I spoke with Rich Austin today and they are just about to launch the GP2 ARCS for the S1R. I think that is the option I'll go for.

to be honest mate i recieved mine last week. could not wait for it.

problems i had were they sent the wrong mount bracket for the foot rest and the screw for the
db killer was fused to the thread they have sent another db killer and have to wait for the mount. i have put pictures on here.

i did a lot of research into slip on's and full fits and i thought scorpion was the way to go. sadly not the case to be honest i should have spent the extra £500 on a full akr ststym

I too thought that they looked great, and they do to start with but they tarnish very quickly & i finally bit the bullet & bought an akra full system wish id done it from the start and saved £500 ;)

Thanks for all the replies and sound advice. Going to cancell the Scorpion get a refund and get some carbon :).
Probably look at the Austin system in a couple of weeks.
By the way whats your opinions on the Austin carbon, worth going for? Or should i consider another brand?
Once again thanks guys

Ride Safe

Joe

Back