changing to KPH

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babarr46

Reaction score
Ive looked through the manual and i can't find anything?
Anyone have a scooby? :)
Should have maybe done this before the euro tour but have got a weekend in normandy next month :) :)

You can't do it. Only a dealer can do it with their diagnostic equipment.

Stupid, but true.

MOz link=topic=1229.msg11303#msg11303 date=1344173206 said:
You can't do it. Only a dealer can do it with their diagnostic equipment.

Stupid, but true.
A bit shortsighted methinks or aren't you supposed to leave the country on it ;) ;)

You're not supposed to do anything to it - loses bottom end power ;)

BM has all fancy electronics - ABS, Traction Control , 4 Power settings but you cant change speedo to KPH :mad:
On my 13 year old R1 its just a matter of holding down selection button. ;D
Its just a excuse for the Dealer to rip us off!
Its like service costs I've just been quoted £240 for the 12 month service (bikes only covered 2,800 miles) so its just oil and filter and they claim they will change brake fluid. So what are we talking about 1 hour labour £70 for consumables ?
OOPS its the Accountant in me comming out :eek: LOL

I went to Rainbow in rotherham, £180 was all in. and i had a loan bike why they completed the work. ;D

I thought it would be fixed price servicing with it being main agent?

I would also think it would be a fixed rate for this service. I'll get on to Lind - Norwich and find out why they think they should charge over the odds, could it be because I didn't purchase the bike from them?

Parley Waller link=topic=1229.msg11321#msg11321 date=1344192765 said:
I would also think it would be a fixed rate for this service. I'll get on to Lind - Norwich and find out why they think they should charge over the odds, could it be because I didn't purchase the bike from them?
This is the break down of my last service,granted I paid over the odds for the K3,could of saved £50 on that price! Damn thing cost me £201 but what really bumped all mine up was the VAT,they had the bike in the work shop for over 3 hours! So it was around £160 for the labour,if I've done my Maths right he he.

4c936ba3.jpg

fookin' ell thats only a £120 short of what i paid for a 18k service and a replacement rad not to mention they had the bike for two weeks & i had a k1300s for a week!!!
I bet you ain't sat down all week after that reaming :eek: :eek: :eek:

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1229.msg11373#msg11373 date=1344244489 said:
This is the break down of my last service,granted I paid over the odds for the K3,could of saved £50 on that price! Damn thing cost me £201 but what really bumped all mine up was the VAT,they had the bike in the work shop for over 3 hours! So it was around £160 for the labour,if I've done my Maths right he he.

4c936ba3.jpg

Had the bike in at vines in Guildford this morning to replace faulty switchgear and whilst there I took the opportunity to ask about servicing costs. Was quoted approx £250 for the 6k service which is oil + filter and brake fluid change - their labour cost is £108 per hour which would account for the overall cost.

On that basis it sounds like your dealers labour cost is an absolute bargain, you may have paid over the odds for the tyre but more than offset by the cheap labour.

Happy days.

My 12 mth service, oil, filters, brake fluid & bike for the day was just under £180 at Astle near grimsby.....
My mate just had the same service on his 1198 plus coolant change and that was.......... £108 :eek:

Dartanion link=topic=1229.msg11438#msg11438 date=1344333904 said:
Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1229.msg11373#msg11373 date=1344244489 said:

4c936ba3.jpg

Had the bike in at vines in Guildford this morning to replace faulty switchgear and whilst there I took the opportunity to ask about servicing costs. Was quoted approx £250 for the 6k service which is oil + filter and brake fluid change - their labour cost is £108 per hour which would account for the overall cost.

On that basis it sounds like your dealers labour cost is an absolute bargain, you may have paid over the odds for the tyre but more than offset by the cheap labour.

Happy days.
Yeah that's true,after I broke it down it wasn't so bad,and the guy done a perfect job on the wiring,even made plugs so I could switch back easily ;,) could of got the K3 for about £150.

babarr46 link=topic=1229.msg11465#msg11465 date=1344378116 said:
Dartanion you might want to try chandlers in portslade nice excuse for a ride to the coast but they have a cheaper labour rate :D :D

Thanks babarr, I'm going to check out some of the other dealers in the south to see what they quote - will be sure to give chandlers a call to see what they quote.

Cheers buddy.

Back on topic I am lead to believe the hexcode pm the new GS-911 will allow swapping of mph to km/h

Godzilla link=topic=1229.msg11560#msg11560 date=1344594863 said:
Back on topic I am lead to believe the hexcode pm the new GS-911 will allow swapping of mph to km/h

Didnt know you were a wizard fella

Back