The Epic Euro Tour

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babarr46

Reaction score
Well i managed to stuff enough gear into 3 bags, bike prepped & ready for the off, 10 day tour of europe.
7d14f2da.jpg

The destination is Austria.
a31c1596.jpg

The roads in Germany were an amazing highlight especially the B500 near Baden-Baden like a race track stretched out over a mountain in the black forest :)
679bfc39.jpg

Then all the tunnels in Austria, Akra race system + quick shifter need i say more. Then the mother of all roads the glossknocker glacier road :eek: :D
fa00230a.jpg

More hair pins than you can shake a stick at :D, but get it wrong & its game over, theres no barriers one of the most breath taking roads in the world!
23a67b26.jpg
70eff424.jpg

68708712.jpg

Didnt even get past the welcome to england sign at the chunnel before i hit a pothole :mad: nearly 3000 miles without any at all ( France, Belgium, Luxembourg,Germany & Austria) :) :) riding here is like riding in a third world country. Need a new rear tyre & chain/ sprocket now and yes the arse is sore! :D:D
Get out and ride, its what it was made for! ;)

I was about 30 C on the way over which did spark the mother of all thunder storms in the mountains had to take cover from the golfball sized hail stones & the lightning bolts :-[
But other than than it only rained properly once & had a Johnny suit with me, the people in the fuel stations could hardly say the price cos they were trying not to laugh (it looks like a black pvc gimp suit).

babarr46 link=topic=1223.msg11221#msg11221 date=1344069209 said:
had a Johnny suit with me, the people in the fuel stations could hardly say the price cos they were trying not to laugh (it looks like a black pvc gimp suit).
And those glasses probably didnt help ;D

Looks a great trip. I would love to do something like that.

How many of you went?

[quote And those glasses probably didnt help ;D
[/quote]

Didn't need them in the rain ;)
Godzilla link=topic=1223.msg11227#msg11227 date=1344074184 said:
Looks a great trip. I would love to do something like that.

How many of you went?
Was 8 of us & they were all glad i went cos the fuel stops were more frequent gave the arse more of a rest.
Its so easy to do its just a shame that france is inbetween (didn't find them as welcoming as the rest of the countries & the food wasn't great either) Germans do things proper roads,food not to mention the beer! :) :)

looks like a great trip fella
its hard to babble on about how good the roads are , you just gotta go see for yourself
thx for sharing

Back