PDA

View Full Version : Tips and Tricks

Oli
7th January 2018, 02:59 PM
How about a thread, or sub forum specifically for tips/tricks and advice?

For example @phil showed me an excellent way to clean your visor on a ride.
Just wet a piece of clean, old leather (I use chamois) and store in a small sealable plastic bag. It stays wet all day, is very effective and seems to be kind on visors.

Another good one is to wear orthotic inner soles in your bike boots. They help prevent tendinitis and can help reduce the vibration felt through the pegs. I have a pair in my Daytona boots and has made a big difference.

Could be anything, good ways to mount a GoPro, how to get good sound. Good ways to pack for a trip etc?

What do you think?

Oli

JimmyMac
7th January 2018, 03:04 PM
That made me laugh Oli, the first time I read your post I thought you put false teeth in your boots, I was thinking WTF.

JimmyMac

Oli
7th January 2018, 03:07 PM
That made me laugh Oli, the first time I read your post I thought you put false teeth in your boots, I was thinking WTF.

JimmyMac

Haha between that and Kylie I’m cracking up lol [emoji23]

soofsayer
7th January 2018, 03:13 PM
I get where you are coming from oli. Lets see where this goes.

JimmyMac
7th January 2018, 03:23 PM
Haha between that and Kylie I’m cracking up lol [emoji23]

If you think Kylie is funny, you should speak to Beavis what happened at the NW200 last year, he thought I was going to get him killed.

We were driving out of the town surrounded by hundreds of bikers on foot and Hutchy was on the podium receiving hero worship from all the fans (richly deserved too) anyway we got hemmed in by the crowd so I dropped all 4 windows in my motor and blasted out the song "Especially for you" by Kylie and Jason at full blast. All the crowd were laughing and I think Beavis got a free years membership to the Blue Oyster Bar, lol.

I'll save you the time of looking that up, you young whippersnapper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oWyHK79Z8Q

JimmyMac

Flyingscotsman
7th January 2018, 04:56 PM
How about a thread, or sub forum specifically for tips/tricks and advice?

For example @phil showed me an excellent way to clean your visor on a ride.
Just wet a piece of clean, old leather (I use chamois) and store in a small sealable plastic bag. It stays wet all day, is very effective and seems to be kind on visors.

Another good one is to wear orthotic inner soles in your bike boots. They help prevent tendinitis and can help reduce the vibration felt through the pegs. I have a pair in my Daytona boots and has made a big difference.

Could be anything, good ways to mount a GoPro, how to get good sound. Good ways to pack for a trip etc?

What do you think?

Oli

Good idea Oli ;-)

Oli
7th January 2018, 05:09 PM
If you think Kylie is funny, you should speak to Beavis what happened at the NW200 last year, he thought I was going to get him killed.

We were driving out of the town surrounded by hundreds of bikers on foot and Hutchy was on the podium receiving hero worship from all the fans (richly deserved too) anyway we got hemmed in by the crowd so I dropped all 4 windows in my motor and blasted out the song "Especially for you" by Kylie and Jason at full blast. All the crowd were laughing and I think Beavis got a free years membership to the Blue Oyster Bar, lol.

I'll save you the time of looking that up, you young whippersnapper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oWyHK79Z8Q

JimmyMac

I think I pre-laugh now every time I see a notification from Jimmy Mac and/or your partner in crime @stuartb lol.

Brilliant story Jimmy, I can picture it, particularly after watching the YouTube clip! [emoji23]
Well done on posting the link, as the song/scene were completely new to me!

JimmyMac
7th January 2018, 08:16 PM
Went out this afternoon and now realise that I put this in the wrong thread, it should be on the WhatsApp one as a reply to Soofy, lol.

What a fud.

Can you move it Oli or do I have to do it again?

JimmyMac

stuartb
7th January 2018, 08:22 PM
And he wonders how Beavis has never spoken to him since !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JimmyMac
7th January 2018, 08:24 PM
And he wonders how Beavis has never spoken to him since !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He's always in Portrush visiting his new friends, lol.

JimmyMac

Oli
7th January 2018, 08:49 PM
Went out this afternoon and now realise that I put this in the wrong thread, it should be on the WhatsApp one as a reply to Soofy, lol.

What a fud.

Can you move it Oli or do I have to do it again?

JimmyMac

Sorry Jimmy I think you’ll have to re-post.

I’ve moved your message to a new thread, but I can’t seem to add it to the existing What’s app thread.