pics of new scorpion gp-1

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farebro

Reaction score
scorpion1.jpg

scorpion2.jpg

its a bit louder through mid range to top. i will post a video.

i like to keep the pillion pegs they help if i drop it

green_machine link=topic=1219.msg11189#msg11189 date=1344014087 said:
Looks tidy, although I'm a sucker for a shorty. Those knee grips on the tank are they factory?

tecspec snakeskins. Farebro do you still have the small centre tank pad that comes with them?

good question mate

it will be somewhere. i prefer the snake skins

Well if you still have the small snakeskin centre pad, and are not using it I am interested in it.

Have to say the Austin slip on looks soooo much better and is also much cheaper. Having to use the pillion pegs as hangers is just plain wrong and the extension to the oem rearset that mounts the original exhaust looks awful with nothing bolted to it.

That said, each to their own. Keen to hear the sound of it. Have you disconnected the exhaust valve for slightly more noise?

MOz fair points mate like u said each to their own
I did not like the Austin can thought it was a poor mans
Option :)

I did so much research into the slip on and full fits the word is
That scorpion are making a race full fit with my can so will have to
Wait out

And like I said earlier if I drop the bike the pillion pegs
Help the bike. And my chick is always on the back.

Have not disconnected the exhaust flap

Do u disconnect yours? Do u have to do it via the ecu

Regular pillion use is the only reason to keep the pegs. They provide bugger all protection in a spill.

Any slip on can on the S1R is for looks alone. They all do bugger all for power & increase noise by a minisclue amount if at all. The exhaust valve mod is just a case of detaching two cables, nothing more.

And cheaper the Austin may be, but why spend £500 on a mod that makes it look slightly prettier and does bugger all else?

I get the feeling you are a matching leathers and virgin sliders man ;)

Chop chop with the vid!!!

Farebro looks good fella, at the end of the day though it's what you like and so don't worry what others say.
I too have had a some people not liking what i have done to mine.

When you fancy a ride out as your only from watford i believe? and i'm hemel.

Once again looks good and keep the mods coming ;)

Beware the welding ain't that great my mates one broke in half whist we were in austria :eek:
9009a253.jpg

So we did a classic temporary fix
9a39b2ab.jpg

Try asking for jubilee clips in german ;D ;D

Didn't want to say it earlier as the banter was harmless and going well but when you mentioned Austin was the "poor man versions" I had to bite my lip.

Scorpion have always been a "budget" brand and that's not the first picture I've seen of a Scorpion can failing.

Let's face it, if you are swimming with cash and want decent quality you're going to buy the Akra if you want a slip on for the S1000RR. Clever chaps will save £s for worthwhile mods and buy the Austin.

Again ;)

Farebro any chance you can take a photo of where your exhaust bracket meets your pegs I have just fitted a full arrow system and I need a bracket similar to yours
To be fare to Austin racing I just took an arcs system off mine and the quality they are producing now is better than the uber expensive arrow , it sounded better ( albeit louder) too

There said it ::)

Bob, did you not get an adapter bracket with your exhaust that attaches to the bottom of the footpeg hanger.

If not you are quite welcome to come look and measure mine, should be easy to make one.

MOz

I'm @ silverstone u will have to wait for the video.

Virgin sliders I wish the still have part Volkswagen golf in them
Sadly not matching leathers but one piece for track use.

If u want to ride out for a play buddy anytime.

Pillion pegs and hand rail in the picture. Not hard
To figure that one out.

Nice to see you took that banter the right way....

Enjoy Silverstone.

Look forward to hearing the Scorpion.

Let me get mine run in and your on mate. Be good to meet more Beemer owners.

Back