Top speed

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Reaction score
I have been trying to get the beemer flat out recently (on a private track of course ) and i was wondering what the top speed is limited too ;) mine will do 190 before i start to bottle it ,(Depending how accuate the kraut speedo is) and its still acelerating ;D so has any one hit the big 200 yet 8) theres a top speed day this month at Elvington and i was fancying a trip down to see what the BM will do.

Billy

I belive official speed with stock gearing is 191mph, however the speedo will prob show that as higher as theyre more accurate up to 70

The last top speed figure I saw in a mag was 189mph and they said the speedo was the most accurate compared to the others bikes (Hayabusa etc) so I would say you are not far off top whack.

IIRC a magazine topped 200mph on a standard bike, apart from taping up the holes around the edge of the screen.

Who cares? Probably the most irrelevant stat on any bike designed for the road.

There's a load of YouTube vids of some NYC blokes racing & maxing the S1000RR at night. They seem to hover around 190-193mph. Looks awesome, but scary. If they hit a stone or a car decided to change lanes, they'd be doing a Superman all the way to Statue of Liberty.

Ok thanks for the replys ::) i know its not everyones cup of tea ;) but its a genuine question and i would like to try and get it up to 200 on a airfield runway (just to shut a few old Hayabusa mates up) 8)

PhilH link=topic=1214.msg11160#msg11160 date=1343980701 said:
The Grimm Reeper loves BMW Riders that do 190mph.

::) ::) ::) ::)
you sound like my ex wife

Billy link=topic=1214.msg11179#msg11179 date=1344010992 said:
PhilH link=topic=1214.msg11160#msg11160 date=1343980701 said:
The Grimm Reeper loves BMW Riders that do 190mph.

::) ::) ::) ::)
you sound like my ex wife
Lol,anyway,everyone knows all Japanese bikes are 10mph slower than the indicated speed.. :p

billybob link=topic=1214.msg11316#msg11316 date=1344184272 said:
i know mine does a 102 cos i have just had a pink slip from north yorkshire plod saying so !!!!

Oh Shit ! Sounds like a case of digging out the suit and plenty of humble pie. A mate of mine got done for a mere 80MPH and the Magistrate actualy said " Good God 80MPH how come you wern't blown of the back" What hope have we got? :eek:

going to try drag it out till the end of september then it doesn't matter too much for the bike only next year when my insurance renewal comes through !!!

Back