Slick Longevity

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 445

Reaction score
Hi all, im looking to source some new hoops for the coming season and ive only ever run SC and Dunlop slicks - the SC i always run the typical SC1 & SC2 F/R but damn they dont last long!! Dunlops are a bit better...

Any of you had better longevity? MetzRR?

Or should i just shut up and pay up :)

Also, who here flip there rears for double value!?

Of the high performance tyres.
The Dunlop 212's and Bridgestone V02's seem to be longest lasting...Pirelli seem to have a real lack of tyre life.
The alternative is harder compounds and 'slower tyres', but the slower tyres like the CompK's are less grippy...

Hi mate, ive only ever run 212 and SCs. My last trip cost a small fortune so was thinking of looking for something with a little more endurance: Michelin/Metz maybe - but defo not a compk ;)

I guess it's only money right :)

The endurance compound for the 212 on the back may help...not sure what compounds you've tried before.

I've got some Medium V02's from FWR to try next time...not like I go fast enough to knacker anything :D

ive just bought some of these, last slightly longer than the kr slicks and give better grip. moto2's (nolimits have them on offer at the moment)

hyz5amA.jpg

How long a set of slicks will last will depend on a whole host of variables from track temperature, surface, compound type, rider pace and ability etc. That said Bridgestone and Dunlop slicks normally last well and still offer very good grip. Metzeler RR race tyres offer superb grip at the cost of longevity but they are still considerably better than Pirelli slicks which are well known for poor tyre life and at some tracks will be done after only a couple of sessions.

I've got 2 sets of new metzeler rr slicks for sale if youre interested? k2 fronts k1 rears.
Alps, isnt it best to have the softer compound up front? With the medium on the rears? You got this the right way around ;)?

Back