Hein Gericke gone pop

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
Heard today that they've gone into administration....... they've been struggling a while now, everytime i've been in for something they've had less and less stock. Never been a big fan of the place really but sad sign of the times none the less
http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/

Another one bites the dust! I think they were ok,I got a cracking deal on my Arlen Ness,and Alpinestar gear! Plus there was a hot girl working in the one I visited lol

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1211.msg11114#msg11114 date=1343852216 said:
Another one bites the dust! I think they were ok,I got a cracking deal on my Arlen Ness,and Alpinestar gear! Plus there was a hot girl working in the one I visited lol
[/quote
That's why you like it then! No hot girls in the Hull store ???

Johnboy link=topic=1211.msg11117#msg11117 date=1343852752 said:
Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1211.msg11114#msg11114 date=1343852216 said:
[/quote
That's why you like it then! No hot girls in the Hull store ???
No hot girls in the Braintree store either.... usefull store for a rainy boring winter sunday ;)

Got a sweet gore tex jacket from there , very fucking waterproof
But couldn't afford the pants

Think they were totally overpriced, not surprised they went t!ts up, no sales, no profits, no business. 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Doing deals towards the end to try and move some stock. No one likes to see anyone go under, these days business are run along a fine line, the opposite is also true ie move goods extremely cheap, big turnover with little profit to cover overheads, George White maybe?............

bananaman link=topic=1211.msg11121#msg11121 date=1343855658 said:
Think they were totally overpriced, not surprised they went t!ts up, no sales, no profits, no business. 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Doing deals towards the end to try and move some stock. No one likes to see anyone go under, these days business are run along a fine line, the opposite is also true ie move goods extremely cheap, big turnover with little profit to cover overheads, George White maybe?............
My sentiment exactly, seems like a lot are going the same way tho', my nearest J&S in Grimsby has shut and called the other nearest now in Doncaster re what boots they had in stock and had very little ( they used to do a really good deal). Bought a race suit from them 18mths ago and they shipped suits in from all of the country of diff makes for me to try as im tall and thin and most don't fit. Went on their site in the week and they stock next to nothing. Sad times

Think the wider problem is less people taking up biking due to the general attitude towards bikes in this country and the ever increasing cost of doing the test. People are encouraged to get into a car at 17 and don't get the bug like many of us used to. This on top of the current economic situation and we are all trying to make our kit last that bit longer.

Bikes in the Uk are seemed as dangerous and therefore anyone wanting to ride one is stupid. More people I believe are killed or seriously injured riding push bikes, but the use of these will almost certainly explode with what is going on in cycling at moment.

Need to get some form of bike sport into Olympics (fat chance)

Just my two penneth

bananaman link=topic=1211.msg11121#msg11121 date=1343855658 said:
Agreed,but when they had sales,you could pick up some bargains ;)

When I read on here about Hein Gericke going into Administration I thought I'd have a stroll down to the Leeds Town Centre Branch as it's just 10mins away from where I work.

There's a 'Get Geared' next door and a huge 'J&S' over the road from it. Hein Gericke had loads of signs up saying 'Closing Down Sale', 'Everything Must Go', 'Crazy Prices' etc.... So I had a look inside; even with all the sales and price cuts they are miles more expensive than the shops next door to them.

I agree with the point made earlie, at least it will boost the viability of other Motorbike Shops.

Back