Steering damper

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Changed stock for a Bitubo unit, dont know if its cos i'm looking for a change but seems to be a difference in handling. Cranked over (on the road) it feels like, i dunno, as if its become less stable, does this now transfer head shake further along the frame? Its not major by anymeans, just a bit disconcerting when i want to give it some more beans but getting this feeling that i shouldnt. Both dampers felt similar in resistance to the point i wondered if it would make a difference. Theres no adjustment on the bitubo, not tried it on track, yet. Anyone feel like his when they changed theirs?

Not changed mine at all,but did hate it to start with,felt it was better suited for a push bike lol but now for some reason I get on with it. You do get some head shake when giving it the beans,but it's so rock solid it just rides it out,even over bumps giving it some she takes off and lands with ease! So won't be changing mine now.

I changed mine, I probably would not bother if I had my time again.

Just a question, why did you change to a non adjustable one?

The 2012 damper is good and doesn't really need changing. The previous model damper is nigh on useless (especially on track).

A decent damper (which the Bitubo is) should increase stability mid corner and not unsettle the bike at all. I run a GPR and wouldn't use anything else on any bike. Useful on corner entry, mid corner and on exit (if I can keep the front wheel on the ground for once!)

Godzilla link=topic=1201.msg10960#msg10960 date=1343550835 said:
I changed mine, I probably would not bother if I had my time again.

Just a question, why did you change to a non adjustable one?

i couldnt warrent paying £300ish for something i really didnt think i needed. End of last year had the mother of mothers at brands couple of times as i was pushing it a bit lol. Note to ones self, new damper for next year and here i am, next year......Been looking etc and listening, ohlins had some break, liked the idea of top mount then came accross bitubo for sale, new, cheap. Read up and bought it. Read about comments that adjustible ones are only on 1st few notches anyway. Its a 2010 by the way.

Back