Operation Normandy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear they're really good and prob the best panniers out there. Got a friend with one on his Blade.

In all honesty they do look bit shit though - lol ! But then I hate all panniers on a sports bike. Nice size Kriega rucksack whenever I go away, if it don't fit in I don't need to take it!

Have a great trip - I'm off for an overnighter to the old Reims racetrack at the end of the week hopefully, then down to the Alps in a month.

It isn't the prettiest of things and it won't win any beauty contests, but I have a morbid fear of my under crackers flying out down some French B roads as well as them falling off and getting caught in the chain/wheel/whetever. So this serves its purpose until we get there and then the A frame is replaced with a little grip bar. After this trip the whole lot including the bars underneath come off until the next trip.

I did 2200 miles to South of France on my old Blade without a single hiccup or weave - rock steady at some 'interesting' speeds. Highly recommended.

For some reason, the A frame without the pack looks absolutely enormous.

Hey,

Ventura is a great system for a sports bike, I've used them for many years. Always a compromise when using a sports bike for touring but I found Ventura the best.

Regarding the undies flying down the road.....Happened to me with the Ventura......remember to cable tie / lock the zips together or definitely do not leave the zips at the top because the wind can open them :)

Have fun
D

Back