Track Fairing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green_machine

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good quality track fairing with decent mountings, or does anybody know the ones used by the BSB teams?

Remem seeing some on fleabay £140? (germany) I know you generally get what you pay for but dont look bad. Obviously selling coz they on a lot.

r25sti link=topic=1182.msg10834#msg10834 date=1343248973 said:
ive got the crc ones...decent enough but not tried out in anger yet.

I bought the crc tailpiece and tank surround. The fibreglass was was very thin around the area where the pillion seat would be. So much so that it cracked as I was holding the bike upright to put the paddock stand on. Definitely not impressed.

Godzilla link=topic=1182.msg10865#msg10865 date=1343318049 said:

I bought the crc tailpiece and tank surround. The fibreglass was was very thin around the area where the pillion seat would be. So much so that it cracked as I was holding the bike upright to put the paddock stand on. Definitely not impressed.

ive had a good look at mine and it seems pritty thick,i suppose as its a fairly new bike there will be quite a few upgrades.did you call them to complain?

r25sti link=topic=1182.msg10877#msg10877 date=1343335993 said:
Godzilla link=topic=1182.msg10865#msg10865 date=1343318049 said:

ive had a good look at mine and it seems pritty thick,i suppose as its a fairly new bike there will be quite a few upgrades.did you call them to complain?

No I couldnt be bothered, I had sme fibreglass in the garage so reinforced it myself on the inside of the seat hump, covered the front in resin and sanded. Will be painting it now.

Yep, I've just done the tank surround/airbox cover so far, will post a pic later.

Best fairings for the BMW by a mile are www.Profibre.co.uk. Rich at Profibre supplies Buildbase (factory team!) and most BMW riders in the BSB paddock. These bolt straight on with no modifications needed at all. Quality is second to none :)

seb#143 link=topic=1182.msg10975#msg10975 date=1343568785 said:
Best fairings for the BMW by a mile are www.Profibre.co.uk. Rich at Profibre supplies Buildbase (factory team!) and most BMW riders in the BSB paddock. These bolt straight on with no modifications needed at all. Quality is second to none :)

Look good, at the right price, may consider getting a set for trackdays - how easy/quick are these to fit for an amateur?

Very easy. Seat unit comes with a seperate support that bolts onto the standard mounting points and the seat unit bolts to that on 3 zuus fastners.

Top fairing mounts to standard fairing bracket mounts and side mounts. Belly pan just needs a small bracket made up to mount at the back under foot rests. Other than that they bolt straight on. The one piece tank sides and cover are nice too.

Back