CALLING ALL RACERS - MICHELIN POWER CUP NEEDS YOU!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flowerpower

Reaction score
lol Im having one of those crazy moments as you can tell by the subject title! I just have an image in my head of the Michelin man pointing and wearing a stars and stripes hat! lol

Any way.....

Are there any racers (Or ACU licence holders) out there that want to race this coming weekend?

Michelin are running their Power Cup championship at the Brands Hatch GP cuircit this coming weekend and they have spaces available if you want to enter.

The Details are as follows:

You need to book direct with Bemsee club and the cost for Saturday & Sunday racing is £305, But.......

.... You get to claim a front tyre at no charge from the Michelin race truck at the meeting, making the cost for the entry less than £199.

Because this is a Michelin Championship you must run on Michelin Tyres for these races. You can run either the new Michelin 17" Slicks or the Treaded Power One Tyres.

Let me know if you want more information, and i will point you directly to the event organisers (Michelin are the event organisers as its a factory backed championship).

Cheers.

Matt.

Sounds like a good deal, would love to get into racing, shame I can barely afford petrol let alone tyres

Michelin has always been good to me so I'm gutted that I can't race that weekend due to no funding!

I will however be racing with the Michelin Power Cup at Donnington Park from Friday (Testing) 24th to 26th (Sat/Sun are racedays) August.

Anyone is welcome to come and say hello.

I'm not expecting great results as I haven't raced in 2 years! Plus I'm riding on the stock suspension!

Good luck at Donny. The stock suspenders aren't too bad especially at Donington where you don't want a proper hard front setup. Had a tear up on a recent BMW event at Silverstone with Baz Burrel, James Haydon and Tommy B who were all on totally stock road bikes and they were ripping!!

Cheers Seb,

Booked my place on the race meeting today and riding with number 25.

Bought some new bits too. Got the GB engine cases and shark fin, Ordered some stubby leavers and a GPR damper!

Not going to change the chain or sprockets either.... I think!? lol

Flowerpower link=topic=1174.msg11211#msg11211 date=1344030542 said:
Cheers Seb,

Booked my place on the race meeting today and riding with number 25.

Bought some new bits too. Got the GB engine cases and shark fin, Ordered some stubby leavers and a GPR damper!

Not going to change the chain or sprockets either.... I think!? lol

Stubby brake lever is a bad idea especially racing at Donington! Hello arm pump. Keep the standard lever or get some folding long levers from Metaltech/Marchesini/Harris performance.

GPR damper is the best addition to the beemer. Transformed it for me :) If you change the gearing 16/44 works basically everywhere so is a good base point to work from.

Best of luck with the races! Full gasssssss

Cheers Seb,

Thanks for the message. I didn't get the levers in the end as had to get some clip-ons (SES) and couldn't afford both.

I will see about getting some new sprockets.

The bike has gone to get the graphics put on so will upload pictures at some point.

Back