Anyone fitted an Austin Racing slip on can?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOz

Reaction score
I'm not keen on butchering the cat so I'm hoping to improve noise (but not necessarily volume greatly) by fitting an Austin Racing slip on can. Has anyone on here done this and managed to get a you tube clip of it running at all?

Or is it a waste of £300? I appreciate it looks better but not £300 better unless the noise improves / increases slightly.

noise difference with just the can is minimal.
I would suggest finding a set of second hand headers and fitting the ARCS kit with a link pipe and you dont touch your CAT.
I am almost certain (99%) you will need a set of 2012 headers that are slightly different.
None of the end cans I have heard make it sound any less like a car imho

Cheers Bob.

My concern with the ARCS system is how noisy it might be. I've just come from an RC8R with a full Akky Evo system on it which, if I'm honest, was just too loud.

That said, if Austin will do me a good deal for the kit and fitting, I'd happily let them fit it for me. I had the KTM in pieces twice fitting PCV, HM shifter and exhaust systems and I'd rather not have the hassle again, especially if it involves cutting the exhaust.

had a KTM meself before this , I bet it sounded lovely ::)
How come you got rid of the RC8.....just wanted a change or something else ?

I thought I was going to be sent away abroad with work for a prolonged period so decided to sell it to trade. I got more than I paid for it so that decision was fairly easy. That overseas threat has now subsided so I decided to order a new bike. If I do end up being sent abroad I'll cancel the S1R order but it's looking safe now.

I loved the RC8R but change my bike annually anyway and having test ridden the Beemer I was blown away at how good it was.

Anyway, does anyone in the Oxford area own an S1R with an Austin slip on I can come and listen to or does anyone have one they can upload a YouTube lip of it running / revving?

I need to make a decision!!!!

fatbob link=topic=1153.msg10630#msg10630 date=1342892046 said:
There's a post on here somewhere of my system

But it's not the slip on is it Bob? It's the de-catted ARC.

I'm after the slip-on specifically.

Back