Snetterton weekend fast group?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snetterton

This is the general spread of lap times across the trackday groups that we normally see when instructing at Snetterton.

Fast: 1:56 - 2:05
Intermediate: 2:06 - 2:20
Novice: 2:21 - 2:35

A sub-2 minute lap time is what is considered quick around Snetterton. For perspective here are the race lap time brackets.

BSB: 1:46 - 1:49
SSTK 1000: 1:50 - 1:55

The current lap record, and fastest ever lap around Snetterton, was set this season by Shane Byrne and is a phenomenally quick 1:46.024.

Looked like consistent 2:07/8's Bruce, fair play to you, but yes it seems the fast group were telling porkies in the main!

Re: Snetterton

This is the general spread of lap times across the trackday groups that we normally see when instructing at Snetterton.

A sub-2 minute lap time is what is considered quick around Snetterton. For perspective here are the race lap time brackets.

The current lap record, and fastest ever lap around Snetterton, was set this season by Shane Byrne and is a phenomenally quick 1:46.024.
You must be instructing midweek then ;)
I'm at the bottom end of your times in fast but both weekend days was like we were in inters.
I've learned a lot recently, I just need to work harder putting it into practice.
Out of interest who do instruct with?

Looked like consistent 2:07/8's Bruce, fair play to you, but yes it seems the fast group were telling porkies in the main!
Yeah it was about that, quickest that session was a 2.06. Only got on for one session in the afternoon then it rained some more, had to do my sighting laps after lunch in the wet on slicks eek
Got a few quieter sessions on the Saturday with more consistent 2.05 - 2.06 with my pb being a fraction under 2.05, that's what the datalogger tells me anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good stuff. I'm itching to have a go at Snet, it's been 18months+. New bike, new tyres, 18m extra experience...
I'd just love to crack a consistent <2:10. But I expect I will be 2:12-2:16 again.

I would disagree with the splits.
On a trackday,I would say if you get near 2.0 that is quick.2.04-2.07 is good lapping.Under 2.10 is perfectly adequate.
The fast group split is probably nearer 2.15-2.18.,but,these days, there are usually more inters riders overflowing into the fast group because inters always fills first.

When FE were last at Snetterton,the spread(on chrono) for fast group was 2.01-2.25!

Speaking of lapping people-I seem to remember lapping Ryan at Snet a few weeks ago!!!(sorry mate,could'nt resist that!).

Snetterton

You must be instructing midweek then

I'm at the bottom end of your times in fast but both weekend days was like we were in inters.
I've learned a lot recently, I just need to work harder putting it into practice.
Out of interest who do instruct with?

Focused Events.

Speaking of lapping people-I seem to remember lapping Ryan at Snet a few weeks ago!!!(sorry mate,could'nt resist that!).

That comment made me smile. Most likely due to thinking that riding on the grass at T5 was preferable to staying on the tarmac... and feeling sorry for you for making your old legs walk the entire length of pit lane each time you needed to use the toilet! Mind you anyone that's doing lap times of over 2:10s in the Fast Group at Snetterton can be considered traffic.

I hope you wont be going that quick on the 7th Alex if you do you'll lap me :subdued:

Focused Events.

That comment made me smile. Most likely due to thinking that riding on the grass at T5 was preferable to staying on the tarmac... and feeling sorry for you for making your old legs walk the entire length of pit lane each time you needed to use the toilet! Mind you anyone that's doing lap times of over 2:10s in the Fast Group at Snetterton can be considered traffic.

There must be better places to take a shortcut on track.
You're right about the walk though,I should've taken the mobility scooter.

You're right about the walk though,I should've taken the mobility scooter.
Come on Baz your'e not that old mate....

@ Brucie, good to see you had fun on Sunday, as you survived the day you still up for this Sunday's Essex Ride?

Last edited:
Yeah it was about that, quickest that session was a 2.06. Only got on for one session in the afternoon then it rained some more, had to do my sighting laps after lunch in the wet on slicks eek
Got a few quieter sessions on the Saturday with more consistent 2.05 - 2.06 with my pb being a fraction under 2.05, that's what the datalogger tells me anyway.

Thats good going sir. I'm no track god, ask baz, but i did similar times on road tyres on my last outing there. So with slicks you'll definitely be finding more time!

Come on Baz your'e not that old mate....

@ Brucie, good to see you had fun on Sunday, as you survived the day you still up for this Sunday's Essex Ride?
Yeah mate, I'll still be up for Sunday weather permitting

Focused Events.

Good stuff Bruce !!
T5 grass ? Know it well lol !

Back