Another Essex Newbie....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffy

Reaction score
Afternoon All

There seems to be an abundance of Essex RR's it seems, would be great to see more of you out and about but frankly you'd be better off with a canoe at present....

Welcome, I would normally say best time of the year to get started on one but it doesn't make much difference this 'summer'.

FFS another essex lad :D :D :D :D :D :D :D welcome to the site mate, hope weather picks up soon for all our sakes, although im on crutches at the moment so secretly happy with the rain shhhhhhhhh!

It's raining??? I hadn't noticed! :p
Makes no difference to me, you learn more about the bike in these challenging conditions IMHO.
Hello and welcome to warpspeed ;) ;)

Riding in the rain hones the skills.

In many ways, riding in "Rain" mode reminds me of my 250 Superdream circa. 1986 (for those of you young enoug to remember...).

Hello and welcome to the forum

We (The Essex Massive ;D) get out and about most Wednesday evenings even if it's a ride straight to the cafe or pub for a shandy (as that's what us southerners drink, apparently ;) ) So hope you can join us soon.

Enjoy the site ,

Cheers Rich

Small World.

Which Pub and which Cafe?

Dunmow's good, particularly via the Bardfield/Finchingfield/Thaxted route....

Wednesday evening, what will happen to Ping Pong Club and Basket Weaving Lessons?

Save them for e Winter months I s'pose.

We usually eat at the 8 Ball Diner on the A12 near witham and use the Harvester at Stanway for a sherbert :)

Welcome to the forum buddy, I'm convinced summer is out their somewhere, I just haven't found it yet. Got to stop looking now as I'm freaking soaked ;D

Just the standard red/white/blue Phil, is a late 2011 model and had a thousand on the clock when I got it a month ago, today it has 2000 on it, you do the maff.....

Usual stuff at the moment (Akro slip-on) but shortly to embark upon the Savings Account-defying carbon fibre makeover ~ have been watching with interest the progress of another Forum member who runs a carbon fibre shop up that Scotland and is sounding good/looking good from the pictures posted, will otherwise be on the internet to Germany and those nice people at Ilmberger.

Other bits which may be (mildly) of interest; I expect to take delivery of one of those Bursig stands from Germany tomorrow, you know the ones? See them on YouTube, slip in the adapter, pull the lever and lift your bike off the ground. A mate has one, is very well made/engineered, very sturdy and very easy to install/operate ~ whilst never has "lost" a bike to Paddock Stands in 25+ years, I've been caught short a few times when doing 'both ends'. Euphemistically speaking.

Looking forward to getting over to the 8 Ball Cafe in Essex at some point, have been out on it most of the day today given unusual absence of rain.

Fluffy link=topic=1134.msg10448#msg10448 date=1342537138 said:
Other bits which may be (mildly) of interest; I expect to take delivery of one of those Bursig stands from Germany tomorrow, you know the ones?
Yep, I know em, I use me old Abba stand ;)

Fluffy link=topic=1134.msg10448#msg10448 date=1342537138 said:
Looking forward to getting over to the 8 Ball Cafe in Essex at some point, have been out on it most of the day today given unusual absence of rain.
Nice day to be off work mate.

I have to wait until Saturday

Back