Rear Wheel Sensor Needed - Donnington

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrucieB

Reaction score
I'm at a wet Donington today and tomorrow with Paul M getting some tuition then onto Oulton on Saturday.
My rear wheel sensor has packed up and I've done the afternoon with no Traction Control.
Don't suppose anyone has a spare one that is not too far from Donington?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You sure it's not the electrical connector to the shock?
The wiring is very tight sometimes and can put a strain on the plug.

Definitely sensor.
Checked on data logger first and rear not reading then compared sensor to another bmw. Mines is ground down and disc has witness marks on it

st8 post code if you want to come and collect one. 50 miles about an hour, have you tried cleaning it and the trigger wheel and checked the air gap

st8 post code if you want to come and collect one. 50 miles about an hour, have you tried cleaning it and the trigger wheel and checked the air gap
Yeah we tried cleaning them both initially. It's flush with the bracket, the tip has either worn down or broke off.
There is a slight chance I might get one in the morning but if not - I don't know if your about tomorrow daytime or I could stop by in the evening en-route to Oulton.
Cheers

PM'd you my mobile I am on your route to Oulton from Donington , I'm around all day Tomorrow

You should be rain free for tomorrow and Sat so you shouldn't really need traction control ?
My sensors are for a gen1 if that makes any difference

Forecast last night said no rain today and it rained all day, so I'm not expecting too much lol
Been using TC for a few years now so prefer it as a sort of back up in case I get too greedy with the throttle. Saying that I'm surprised it didn't spin up more than it did this afternoon, just a couple of twitchy moments

We reckon it's picked up a stone or debris and got jammed as the disc is marked.
Was running fine then half way through a session the bike started kangarooing badly, worse than the just the TC kicking in, then fine as the TC switched itself off. Quick clean and next session noticed TC light flashing constantly so checked the data logger to find no reading then stripped off wheel, inspected and compared sensor with another bmw.

Ring me on my Mobile Tomorrow if you need the sensor, I won't see the messages so ring me if you need me please let me know either way please

Pic of worn sensor
ad430234532dc8e00f879c0d007a741b.jpg

Pidcock BMW managed to get a sensor in which has massivley surprised me as he said there was only 1 in UK stock and none in Germany.
Last time Bmw told me similar I didn't get the part for 3 weeks so wasn't holding out much hope.

Big thanks to Toan the Moan for there offer to bail me out :)

Maybe they nicked one off a showroom bike?
The BMW garage in Almeria took a wheel off their showroom bike and sold it to a guy that broke his in a rabbit hole at Almeria (circuit)! Quality bit of customer service.

Latest posts

Back