CSS Saturday July 14th - GB racing product testing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

londonfrog

Reaction score
Hello,

Just in case some one on here is going to the California Superbike School tomorrow Saturday July 14th :)

I am doing level 3. First time out on the bike post 1st service - it should be fun. Now if SOMEONE could do SOMETHING for the sun to be a BIT out at imes tomorrw that would be great... Otherwise rain mode again!

Re: CSS Saturday July 14th

Ayyy ! Am jealous......... Did level 1 in the rain, cant get on with rain mode, too soft power delivery, when you want it its not there :-\ Have fun whatever the weather :) :)

I did L2 on a 1400ZZR in the rain too - verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry weird even without pushing! I am crap driver but hey... just learning :)

I believe a blue S1000RR went down today, not badly damaged, apparently. :(

CSS Saturday July 14th - RG products testing...

News travel fast it seems...

It might have been me... ok ok ok I admit it WAS me :mad:

Conditions were, well, lets say challenging, cold and rainy. I was on third session and taking it - what I thought - was easy.

On the exit of a bend I lost the rear and the bike laid down not hard nor fast luckily. I must say I was surprised to lose it that easily.

The good news is the astounding efficiency of the GB racing kit. Basically this saved the whole bike from damage: bar end + side crash protector + offset rear cotton reel and left engine casing spared the rest of the bike. There's absolutely zero on the fairing I couldn't believe it.

Bad news is the left footpeg which was slightly bent and that meant I could not go out again as we couldn't find a replacement and CSS staff were concerned about safety once on track. I rode the bike home.

So, expensive day and could only get half day done but no real harm so can't complain.

This bike is idiot proof, just not "me" proof it seems :) as I was in rain mode and still lost it !

Re: CSS Saturday July 14th - RG product testing

Sorry to hear that, glad you ok. Strange footpeg was bent being sprung loaded for that reason, what tyres you running?

Continental attack I believe... must have been still far too cold even after a few laps - rank weather for sure

I think the peg got bent as the bike sort of pivoted on itself - -it was silly low speed really like the beginning of putting gas on...

Anyway off to GB website I dont think I ever run any bike without those fitted!

Least you ain't hurt fella
Bikes a bike , though the scraping noise is always wank
Anyhow get it sorted and get back on it ;)

That's a bummer mate but glad to hear you are in one piece and that the bike is virtually undamaged. Clearly speaks volumes for the crash protection.

Opps

Seems like I damaged a neuron or two!

My protection is GB racing not RG :eek:

Good kit - just seen they also do a protector for exhaust I am getting that too - same small off on right side instead of left and it was bye bye akra!

Glad you're okay fella. I was the lass who came to talk to you when you were looking at the pics.

Speaking of which, did you buy the pics? Would be great if you posted them on here!

hi there!

I hope you had a better day that me!

Its a good idea one of them clearly shows how the protectors worked.

How do I post picture here anyone knows?

Yeah, it cleared up nicely over lunch so by the end of the day the track was pretty much dry... sorry!

You need to put your pic up on a hosting website and then link to it using the url - I use tinypic.com

Back