Knee-ly buggered it

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie

Reaction score
after getting the recall out of the way, sticking the bike in race mode was looking forward to loads of stuff, 4 days away at BSB cadwell, couple of track days booked, great riding.. wasnt even letting the crap weather get me down. wednesday night was one of those days. got lucky for once and think the only place in britain with blue skies was south yorkshire and lincolnshire. Got back with a big smile on my face to the local watering hole, pulled up, feet down, crack!! knee ligament tears and i go down like a sack of spuds......with the bike. luckily it landed on me. my body along with the crash bungs prevented any damage. 7 hrs in hospital, so here i am strapped up and on crutches. 2 to 3 weeks if im very lucky, operation and out for the rest of the year if im very unlucky. im concentrating on the 2 to 3 weeks and refuse to consider any other option. and yes i am looking for sympathy and yes i am expecting ribbing and abuse lol

After all the crap you suffered with the recall, you must be royaly pissed. At least your knee had the decency to wait until you arrived at a place where a suitable quantity of medicinal lubrication could be applied to ease the pain.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Buddy.

Keeping fingers crossed its the 2-3 weeks dude.

What made it happen, any ideas?

Edit: If it is the op and 12 months, you wont want the bike standing around for all that time, so I will store it in my garage and make sure its gets a short ride once a month or so ;)

no vid im afraid (thank F@@k). I am going to start bragging that i had the bike almost vertical with knee, elbow and shoulder down bradl style. I'll just leave out the bit about the bike being stationary and being in a car park. :eek:
thanks for the offer Godzilla, i'll bare it in mind, knew i could rely on people on here ;D
Dont know what caused it, hospital were saying 20 plus years of riding sports bikes but they always check your history and then blame it on something you tell them. Probably politer than saying your an old fat tw@t lol

I always like to prove the Dr's wrong, it's like a personal goal getting out on the bike before they say ;)
At least youll have the best polished bike around for a while, like mine was for 3 months when I bought it, just keep looking at the bike saying it won't be long!!! :'( :'(

Wow talk about highs then lows (well laying down :) )

I've broke my legs 4x, 2 of those times in 2 places. They always tell you the worse so chin up mate and I'm sure you will be throwing your leg over you bike sooner than you think

cheers all, already arranged with some mates that as soon as i can change gear they'll be happy to lift me on and off the bike ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hospital app this morning, start physio next week and swopping crutches for a stick, happy?? DELIGHTED. may even get out for a steady ride next week, keep it in third and keep my arse planted so im not moving around too much. If Fluffy can strap a hockey stick to his back im sure i cam manage a walking stick ;D :D :D :D.. on target for the 2 to 3 weeks ;D

Back