Indicator stopped working....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trumpetman21

Reaction score
Left hand (as you're sat on the bike) indicator stopped working on the bike on the way home today. Nothing else seems untoward, any ideas?

Could be....:)

Holding the offending indicator on for 5 seconds or so (ignition on but engine off) seemed to bring it back to life. Strange, see if it happens again!

Had this priced up by Williams Bikes Manchester - you're looking at £174 for the switchgear & with labour included it's a total of £204 to get it working again.

It's still playing up, so I'll be getting the supplying non-BMW dealer to sort it under the warranty the bike came with.

Madness, you'd think BMW would have something like this nailed-down sorted wouldn't you? Most other bike manufacturers can seem to knock out decent switchgear that doesn't need replacing every few thousand miles....

Another thought,do any of you wash your electrics switches with water? I just use detail spray on mine,not saying this is why they are failing,but just a thought. Plus I've only covered 3000 miles,I've probably talked that one up! :p

Only washed mine the once since I got it 7 weeks ago, didn't use anything apart from a bucket & sponge - certainly no high-pressure water. Can't speak for the previous owner obviously....

Trumpetman21 link=topic=1106.msg10706#msg10706 date=1343050161 said:
Only washed mine the once since I got it 7 weeks ago, didn't use anything apart from a bucket & sponge - certainly no high-pressure water. Can't speak for the previous owner obviously....
Maybe you got a Friday switch :eek:

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1106.msg10707#msg10707 date=1343050280 said:
Trumpetman21 link=topic=1106.msg10706#msg10706 date=1343050161 said:
Maybe you got a Friday switch :eek:

Maybe, hope it's not a Friday bike!

Real strange one this is turning out to be - had it back at the dealer yesterday & they agreed it's not right & are ordering a replacement part in. Get it back home & after a couple of hours sat in the garden it decides to start working again when I check it just before sticking it in the garage....!?!?

Back