Changing Suspension to Comfort

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppleT

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed,had a look in the handbook and want to change
the settings to comfort,I can see how to change the top of the forks and the bottom,
can see how to change the rear on the foot brake side, just 1 adjustment. On the other side
gear change side not sure what to do there looks like there is 2 adjustments I with a screwdriver in the middle, the outside one
looks like it needs a socket with a large arrow stamped on an alloy cover,how do you adjust
this side !!! also I don't think you need to adjust the ring at the top of the spring is that right
Thanks Neil :-\ :-\ :-\ :)

The outer nut is for high speed compression adjustment and you can turn it using a 17mm socket just line up the numbers on the outside of the nut with the arrow. The inner screw is for low speed compression and line the T with the numbers on the nut. djust the collar above the spring clockwise to increase the preload and reduce the suspension sag but remember to slacken off the small grub screw on the collar. You will need a C spanner for this.

Just follow the little sticker that comes with the bike. The colour on the sticker numbers relate to the colour of the adjusters that need moving (red, yellow and black)

Thanks guys have you two changed your suspension to the comfort settings and did
it make a more comfortable ride over bumpy roads !!! :) :) :)

Yes put mine on comfort before Assen trip and better on our bumpy A and B roads. Haven't changed it back yet but it is only a 2 min job. I'm happy to change it before each ride depending upon the type of ride I am going for

Just picked up the plastic cover to go on the socket to adjust the rear high speed, just wish it would stop pissing down with rain, to try it out. :) :) :) ;D

set up the suspension to comfort today to the settings in the book,only took about 10 mins
what a difference,I should be able to keep my fillings now,still handles just as nice without
trying to bounce me out of the seat.Any guys who havent tried it should they will be amazed
this bike just keeps getting better,Iv'e never changed any bike's settings before but it's so easy
on this bike. :) :) :) :) ;D ;D

Just picked up the plastic cover to go on the socket to adjust the rear high speed, just wish it would stop pissing down with rain, to try it out. :) :) :) ;D

Hi there, where did you get the plastic cover please.

Also on comfort did you not get any bounce or too much rebound?

Thx,

Back