Trackday checklist

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Will be the first time I've packed up a van so put together a checklist.
Anything i've missed?
Bike
Key
Leathers
Gloves
Back Protector
Boots
Helmet / Bag / Dark + light visor
Visor cleaner
Earplugs
Wallet / Cash / License
Waterproofs
Spare wheels
Paddock Stands
Tyre warmers
Pressure gauge
Computer (for Bazzaz autotune)
Cable
Phone / Charger
SatNav
Go pro
Mounts
Extension lead
Socket set
Torque wrenches
Spanner set
Screwdrivers
Baffle
Duck tape
Cable ties
Ramp
Jerry can
Ratchet straps

Essentials for a track day-

Bike (as I ride to track days, bike and keys aren't something that I am likely to realise I've forgotten when I get there)
Leathers (1 piece or proper zip together 2 piece)
Gloves
Helmet
Visor cleaner
Earplugs
Boots
Licence (preferably UK licence not some johnny foreigner license)
Petrol
Baffle if needed.
Big bottle of water.
Money for food and fuel (and usually fuel to get home)

Everything else is optional. However, as you appear to be going for the full racing team experience, the obvious omission (other than a fridge and a widescreen telly) is a camping chair.

Trackday

I generally only take the following in the back of my van. It's just a trackday so you really don't need all that much.

• Helmet + Kit.
  • Tyre Warmers.
  • Paddock Stands.
  • Spare Wheels (Wets).
  • Small Toolkit.
  • Ramp + Ratchet Straps.
  • Fuel.

Trackday

...the full racing team experience...

When you see the amount of unnecessary kit that some people turn up with on a trackday you would think that you were in a club racing paddock!

A few additional bits I take
Pump
Pouring jug and funnel for petrol
Paper towel and visor cleaning spray
Spares - levers, foot pegs / rear sets
Gaffer tape and cable ties
Oil, brake fluid, coolant
Folding chair
Jump start power pack

Re: Trackday

When you see the amount of unnecessary kit that some people turn up with on a trackday you would think that you were in a club racing paddock!

I have the philosophy that "you take what you can carry" and if you have a van then you can put the kitchen sink in it and be reasonably happy that you could cater for most eventualities, particularly in the event that you throw your bike at the scenery.

It doesn't however mean that you have to decant everything into the garage, nothing worse than trying to squeeze into a garage because a rider thinks that they need a full weekend setup and pitcrew :stupid:

Looks like I've covered most then. Will be 4 bikes going in the van. 3 of the 4 including mine are road legal. Small confession though, it's my gixxer

Cant believe no one has mentioned the baby wipes........

The bog roll at Knockhill is like 80 grit.

JimmyMac

It's more up market these days, more like tracing paper :chuncky:

You can trace the line of shite it leaves up your back!!! :highly_amused:

I've noticed in the last couple of years people taking more and more shite with them to the track. I'm a bare minimum guy myself, less crap to lift in and out of the van the better!

Was at Cadwell yesterday and it was bloody ridiculous the amount of space being taken up with awnings, caravans, toolboxes, work benches.......we looked well out of place with our van, genny and 2 camping chairs :)

Last edited:
I always take my own food and drink so I don't have to consume the overpriced crap at the circuit

Trackday

Packed with nothing more than the essentials...

IMG_2988_zpsrcuafnp1.jpg

They are handle bar straps which the ratchet tie downs can attach too. I've never used them but they seem to get good reviews. R and G sell them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back