Knockhill on Friday

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
My forth outing to Knockhill went very well. Having low sided on a previous one at the start of the day and a 2 day event which Stuart also booked which poured rain for almost all of it ( there's a theme here with Stuart and rain) I haven't actually had much track time.
It was an open pit and lots of racers were on track preparing for an event next week. At first it was a bit unnerving but I soon got used to them cutting under and beside me and one literally brushing past me on the straight at 120. Quite an experience and it actually helped me relax after the first couple of passes and just get on with my own thing as I knew they were in full control.
Roll on the next one hopefully next month.
9b7560880a93ca265e6949455bd26a5b.jpg
30edec4e8399d1187e6ee16f009c5d18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one Loupe, glad you had a fun, trouble free day! Bike's looking mint :cool:

Last edited:
Knockhill

Nice to hear you had a good trackday. Knockhill isn't a bad circuit but I dislike it when they run it in reverse direction. Try not to be fazed by racers on track as the good ones will pass you safely with little effort and not compromise your line.

Thanks Mac, Oli. Can't wait to go again and work I all the things I know I was doing wrong!

Re: Knockhill

Nice to hear you had a good trackday. Knockhill isn't a bad circuit but I dislike it when they run it in reverse direction. Try not to be fazed by racers on track as the good ones will pass you safely with little effort and not compromise your line.
Thanks Ry,
Its only when I turned up I realised it was reverse direction. That was the direction I had my low side on but after the first couple of laps I put it out my head and relaxed.

Reverse isn't exactly a favourite of mines either, crashed at Clarkes in reverse on my Ducati! Never been on a track since completely fucked my confidence!

Re: Knockhill

Its only when I turned up I realised it was reverse direction. That was the direction I had my low side on but after the first couple of laps I put it out my head and relaxed.

Nice one loupe, good to see you had good weather and a great time.

Reverse isn't exactly a favourite of mines either, crashed at Clarkes in reverse on my Ducati! Never been on a track since completely fucked my confidence!
The very corner! You really should give it a go again on the RR

Trackday

If you crash on track the best thing that you can do is just get back out again as soon as possible. 99% of the time it's rider error so always try and understand why you crashed and learn from it in order to not make the same mistake again.

there is a track day on a Saturday during July I have my eye one, clockwise not anti at knockhill, I think I will try that on the S1000rr! But yeah it was completely my riding skills that cause it got on the gas mid corner a fraction too early and anyone who knows it will know it's off camber in reverse!!

Glad you had a good time mate.. it was great catching up with you on Saturday there.. you seemed really upbeat about Knockhill this time after that spill last year..just a confidence thing and good on you for sticking to the same rubber otherwise youd never know where you were with what happened .

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back