BMW HP Race Datalogger

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niven770

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have experience of the BMW Datalogger?
I'm particularly interested in finding out how it inter reacts with the dash on the 2012 model.
Does it show you lap times automatically, eg no pressing the flash button. Does the green ligh still operate showing you are on a fast lap?

Thanks in advance
D

I would be interested if it's possible to use data from logger to put it with video footage and get your position on the map with throttle position and breaks etc. Just like on motoGP as they claim this is same technology

I think but not 100% sure that the program DashAware will allow you to overlay the data onto video footage.

Just google DashAware for details.

Regards
D

i wish i could join in with this conversation but to say its gone over my head is an understatement! i now know what the tarmac feels like with an s1000 passing over it at full throttle :eek: lmao

Hi

I purchased the BMW HP Race Datalogger and I can now answer my own question.

The Datalogger does not interact with the dash, it's stand alone for after the event interrogation.

Re using the Data for video overlay:-
The Analyzer software is made by 2D (as is the hardware). The company's "own" Analyzer software does indeed allow export of the Data which could be used for data overlay, however the "BMW" version that comes with the Datalogger seems to have had this function removed.
I have emailed both BMW and 2D for a solution as I want to be able to export it for overlay also.

For lap timing I purchased an Aim Solo. It works very well and the info from it can be used for overlay.
You could also go for the Aim Solo DL, this plugs into the CAN bus and gives Datalogging as well as visual lap timing however it is not BMW S1000rr specific and some channels are not recorded. The BMW one records 32 channels of data, more than enough to totally confuse you.

I'm happy with the choice I made ie the Aim Solo and the BMW HP Race Datalogger, however the Data export function or lack of it is bad news although I'm confident that 2D will sort me out.

I'll re-post once I know.

Regards
D

Hi

I purchased the BMW HP Race Datalogger and I can now answer my own question.

The Datalogger does not interact with the dash, it's stand alone for after the event interrogation.

Re using the Data for video overlay:-
The Analyzer software is made by 2D (as is the hardware). The company's "own" Analyzer software does indeed allow export of the Data which could be used for data overlay, however the "BMW" version that comes with the Datalogger seems to have had this function removed.
I have emailed both BMW and 2D for a solution as I want to be able to export it for overlay also.

For lap timing I purchased an Aim Solo. It works very well and the info from it can be used for overlay.
You could also go for the Aim Solo DL, this plugs into the CAN bus and gives Datalogging as well as visual lap timing however it is not BMW S1000rr specific and some channels are not recorded. The BMW one records 32 channels of data, more than enough to totally confuse you.

I'm happy with the choice I made ie the Aim Solo and the BMW HP Race Datalogger, however the Data export function or lack of it is bad news although I'm confident that 2D will sort me out.

I'll re-post once I know.

Regards
D

Hi!

I am planning to purchase the HP race logger, any new input in exporting data to video like dashware?

Hi there,

I sold my HP Race Datalogger and Aim Solo and purchased an Aim Solo DL. This unit covers all the functions that the BMW one did and it gives you visual automatic lap timing plus you can export data to allow import to Dashware. The problem with the BMW Analyzer software is that you cannot export data.

It was an expensive mistake on my part buying the BMW unit.

Regards
D

Hi there,

I sold my HP Race Datalogger and Aim Solo and purchased an Aim Solo DL. This unit covers all the functions that the BMW one did and it gives you visual automatic lap timing plus you can export data to allow import to Dashware. The problem with the BMW Analyzer software is that you cannot export data.

It was an expensive mistake on my part buying the BMW unit.

Regards
D

Thanks, those are the two ive been thinking about, Aim Solo DL it will be then :)

/P

Back