Alarm issue?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

londonfrog

Reaction score
Guys,

510 miles so far running in should be done by tomorrow - cannot wait for the bike to be derestricted to be honest!

Now a small issue I am sure: I've got the factory installed alarm. Using the FOB I do see the flashing indicators and hear the beeping sound but once the alarm is on I can still shake the bike without triggering it.

So the question is: is there something wrong with my alarm or is there a sensitivity setting somewhere that I can tweak myself?

Any pointers welcome!

I found my factory fitted alarm is a pain in the arse.mine doesn't seem to turn of via the fob.i have to shake the bike hard for it to activate then it turns off.

Hold the left button down for 3 seconds,this will arm it,you will see the red flashing light. Then wait a few seconds and shack bike,it takes a bit before the alarm goes off! Disarm it by pressing the right button for 3 seconds and this will turn the alarm off. Repeat step one for arming again.

londonfrog link=topic=1062.msg9756#msg9756 date=1341087893 said:
mmmmmmm I tried that and shook the bike as much as I could - nada happening. Weird.

I have 2 flashes when arming - not 3 that could indicate that the motion sensor is disarmed.

Found this if useful to people: http://www.motorkari.cz/upload/files/manualy/2676_alarm_dwa_6_2008_eng.pdf

Look like the fob is the same at least - not sure if its exactly the same alarm though...
Same as mine,when you arm,is the red light flashing on the dash? If it is,wait and shack bike,like I said it takes Abit.

Re: Alarm issue? trackers?

Yes I see the red flashing light on dash - I'll try again tomorrow if nothing changes I have the first service coming up and will get it sorted then!

Anyone got tracking device fitted? Any advice on those?

Re: Alarm issue? trackers?

londonfrog link=topic=1062.msg9758#msg9758 date=1341089144 said:
Yes I see the red flashing light on dash - I'll try again tomorrow if nothing changes I have the first service coming up and will get it sorted then!

Anyone got tracking device fitted? Any advice on those?
Ok,sorry I couldn't help more,but that's how I arm mine,works every time,so maybe you do have problem with alarm? I never set mine anyway as bike sits in my living room.

Got mine set up at first service , can now press fob a couple of times so alarm will not go off this is handy when cleaning etc ;D Then just switch ignition on and then off and alarm is back and working.

Right so after finishing those tortuous first 600 miles today I tested the alarm again. It works but I cannot say I am really happy with it. It does take about 30 seconds to arm itself. Not a problem but then it takes a good 20 seconds shaking before kicking in. Not good enough in my view!

I'll see if that can be set up differently at service.

londomfrog something wrong with your alarm , If I look at my bike in the wrong way the alarm goes off!! Seriously I hardly have to move it a fraction and the alarm kicks in. ???

Ok that makes it very clear to me then! No question the dealer will be able to tell me "they all do that" :eek:

I'd rather get it sorted. Shaking the bike is the first thing mother fakers do to test a potential target.

Thank you for your comment!

Shaking the bike is the first thing mother fakers do to test a potential target.

Yep, I had tp park in a public car park a while back and even though I had a disck lock and an Almax chain around a steel post, the MFs tilted/ shook my bike to see if it was alarmed.

How did I know..... well got a text (rlink system) to say the bike alarm was going off due to it being tilted/ shook.

Wasn't anyway near the bike, so couldn't do much/ wory about it....unless the bike then alerted me it was leaving its set 'geofence' area then I would be worried.

Alarm will arm up its self after minute..... If armed up after one hour you can only....deactivt...by turning ignition on should pleep....if activated by fob.... To bleeps.....if you hearer three....alarm sencor off but amoblizer still active.....mine gos of if bike is taken of stand....or shaken.....think could be fault or alarm as been set....you can change alarm setting....if it bleeps yhen there is sound.....so sencor might be broken or not connected under pillion seat

O if you go on my thread.... Which is no bleep.... You c a alarm reset.... Put there kindle by one of the guys on here help me a lot....

Back