Akra Full Race sytem

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aants

Reaction score
hi guys

with the weather and how it has been im still waiting to take my test ride on the 2012 S1000

my last 2 bikes have been ducatis and both have come with full termignoni Race systems which they fitted for me

do BMW offer the same service with the Akra? and if so does anyone have an idea on price?

Ant

When i bought mine they priced up a full system and it was £2500. Think the sytem that bmw supply will be the road legal one with cat in it which hikes the price up and it looks different as in it dont have a sticker it has akrapovic etched? in.

Best option to do which i did was give calsport a ring buy a full system then get bmw to fit it free of charge which they did for me.

There is a choice of a few systems though, one with a long can and one with a stubby can. The stubby is meant to be mega loud so i went for the long which sounds nice not to loud not to quiet however i might cut a few inches off mine but not decided yet

Fuck the Akra off and get Austin to fit their new V2 ARCS system and a PCV. Choice of noise with different baffles from 100 - 115 dbs

Much better (and cheaper option).

MOz link=topic=1057.msg11570#msg11570 date=1344602336 said:
Fuck the Akra off and get Austin to fit their new V2 ARCS system and a PCV. Choice of noise with different baffles from 100 - 115 dbs

Much better (and cheaper option).

Not in my opinion, and I have had an ARCS and sold that for an Akra, ARCS is league 2 compared to the Premier league Akra.

You dont have to sell me the quality of Akra. I had the full £2700 (although I didn't pay that for it) twin can Evo Superstock system on my RC8R. I love em. The problem here is the system the OP linked to on the Cal-Sport website is never going to pass noise tests on 70% of UK trackdays anymore. Add to that the hassle of trying to run that system on the road (even with a baffle) and you're fucked. The road Akky system seems reasonable (my dealer will do that one for me for £1000 fitted) but the Austin system gains you the same power as an Akky with much more noise baffling options for less money.

I have a racefit half titanium system with 2 different cans its never been used it was made on brand new headers. i also have a brand new PCV to go with it.
Might sell the lot and put the cash to a HP4

Search it on You tube, not my bike but shows the growler 2 can i also have the carbon growler 1 can, specially made ;D ;D

Dave

Back