Too much for a simpleton

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mojo_pin77

:) Hello! First post. Been lurking while I way up the pro's and con's of ss1000r ownership.
My question is simple - is this stunning machine too much for a simple fool such as myself?
I have only been riding 3 years and I have always loved sportsbikes but always gone down the "sensible bike route". However, the itch for a ss1000 is becoming stronger and stronger. But i am finding it difficult to justify a bike like this to myself.... Surely it will be way to much bike for me? Just how insane is this bike? Do i not have enough experience for one? How can i justify it? ::)

Hi Mojo,

I was in the same boat. Only been riding for 3 years, but loved the look & the reviews the S1000RR got. I test rode one, and that was that. A done deal. I couldn't ride anything else. It's an amazing bike. Easy to ride. Will do the business and take care of you.

You just gotta get one....

Yeah, I know what you're saying mate. Its a stunning bike. Think im gunna try a test ride and see how it feels... Part of me thinks if you gunna ride bikes you may as well go all out and get the best you can!! 8)

Mojo_pin77 link=topic=1048.msg9612#msg9612 date=1340870951 said:
My question is simple - is this stunning machine too much for a simple fool such as myself?
I have only been riding 3 years and I have always loved sportsbikes but always gone down the "sensible bike route".
Hello and welcome ;D

Have you had a test ride yet? If not you could answer some of your own questions (you will Love it).

As you have been down the 'sensible bike route' I reckon you are sensible enough to go and buy one ;)

What bike are you jumping off?

I got off a 2010 r1 and the bmw is NOTICABLY faster, so if your getting off say a bandit 600 i think you will be in for a massive shock. That said if your going to just ride it around and not rev and thrash it the bmw rides like any other bike and is pretty good round town just plodding on

hi, think youve answered your own question...TEST RIDE MATE. one side of the coin says they are a very forgiving bike, the other side says it's a good job because they are powerful. Remember they only go as fast as you wont them too and you seem to have your head screwed on.

If you MUST get one of the fastest bikes on the planet, the S1K is a good one, it's much less snatchy than my old ZX10R, and you could always stick it in rain mode for a year...

Forget how powerful it is. What they never explain is how simple and easy it is to ride. Yes if you want to be a real hooligan then it will take as much as you can throw at it. Yet at same time it will whisk you away all over Europe in relative comfort. It's like a big twist and go scooter ;D

Why do you have to justify it??? ???

My very first bike having completed my direct access was a fireblade. I had seen it in the shop window for weeks and decided that I was going to have it at all costs. I booked the four days - luckily passed - and bought/collected on my way home. Should have seen the wife's face when I rolled up on it ;D

It scared the shat out of me on may occasions but the grin factor and sense of satisfaction that bike gave me was all worth it and, as many people will say, it'll only go as fast as you tell it to. As for the BMW, with all the electric anti-crash gizmos on the S1k, I couldn't think of a better litre bike to get started on.

The point I'm trying to make is, you own a bike because you want it, not because it's sensible or the right thing to do. Live life, stop being a spectator!

Had mine nearly two years and I still sneak in the garage and say" look at that bastard !" :)
Get it got
Your a long time dead

fatbob link=topic=1048.msg9648#msg9648 date=1340905461 said:
Had mine nearly two years and I still sneak in the garage and say" look at that bastard !" :)
Get it got
Your a long time dead

Do it, it's better to regret something you have done rather than summit you didn't ! ;D
Done nearly 18k in as many months, just the bike to get back on after a big crash! ;)
Life's too short not to :D

I know how you feel, in reality no one...and I mean no one can ride any 1000 to its full potential on the road. Everyone in the sports bike community always gets hung up on power figures, top speeds, accelerations etc but in reality BMW should have advertised how rideable, comfortable and confidence inspiring this bike is in any conditions.

Of course your probably thinking I'm asking on a BMW forum so these are the sort of responses to expect, but I have been riding for a long long time and have no brand loyalty, ill say it how it is, but the s1k really is an incredible bike not just for thrashing around a track but also for taking a nice B road cruise at your own pace. You don't have to be Rossi to enjoy what this bike gives, quite the opposite infact.

That being said all i can say is TAKE ONE FOR A TEST RIDE you'll be on here before you know it saying exactly the same to the next guy.

VINNY RR link=topic=1048.msg9655#msg9655 date=1340914492 said:
I rode mine naked.. round the block...what a bike

Jesus Vinny, I witnessed that and will never recover, DO NOT do it again!!!

On a serious note Mojo - it all depends on how sensible/experienced you are.

As most have already stated, the bike will only go as mental as you make it go with the use of your right hand - it will be a pussycat if you don't twist it too much, it will be the worst mental animal if you use the twistgrip as an on off switch.

Your choice, but honestly there is nothing to be frightened of in what is undeniably one of the greatest modern sportsbikes.

Throw your hat in the ring and enjoy yourself

hang on hang on , WTF is happening on the site, first vinny is riding his bike, LITERALLY, know Dartanions comming out with 'as mental as you make it go with the use of your right hand'.... we will be getting censored soon.

Buy the bike you want........

can't decide between the blade/ kwak or the S1Krr etc then do a test ride.

I wanted the S1Krr, so test ride done, didn't want the blade so no test ride taken.

Finances worked out, job done.

Enjoy the ride 8)

Back