top speeds

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to know what the indicated speed was, mine has a cut down seat and A C Schnitzer bars, apart from that 100% standard, I saw 183 at the 'Ring' dropping to 178 as soon as the track went uphill.

I've had 181 and i'm a robust 22stone. Didn't realise I was going so fast, soon as I saw speedo I heard wife nagging in my ear "remember you have 2 young daughters to think about now" and was heavy on the breaks.

There is definitely a wide window on where any given bike will end up in the power stakes. My 2010 never got past 178 and I pinned it plenty, having said that I am 6'4 and 210 lbs. Dont really abuse the 2011, but that is about to change - going Hilltop next week:motorcycle2_smilie:

Then I look forward to hearing your update then Lumpy, since your'll be getting into hilltop before me. Guessing you spoke to Geoff on the phone already?

Then I look forward to hearing your update then Lumpy, since your'll be getting into hilltop before me. Guessing you spoke to Geoff on the phone already?

Yes dropped him a line with a few questions. We talked about ECU changes he was going to make to fuel mapping, traction control etc. I even put it to him that there has been some suggestion that his Dyno figures was inflated. He laughed and explained a couple of things which made sense to me.

One thing he did say that I have to mention. He said that if you wanted to go racing and needed to purchase a ECU that could do what the stock BM one could do, but was not a BM one, you will have to spend 15k. So really you get a free s1000rr with your ECU purchase :)

Looking forward to it!!!

Yes dropped him a line with a few questions. We talked about ECU changes he was going to make to fuel mapping, traction control etc. I even put it to him that there has been some suggestion that his Dyno figures was inflated. He laughed and explained a couple of things which made sense to me.

One thing he did say that I have to mention. He said that if you wanted to go racing and needed to purchase a ECU that could do what the stock BM one could do, but was not a BM one, you will have to spend 15k. So really you get a free s1000rr with your ECU purchase :)

Looking forward to it!!!

Nice.

Making me even more gutted the wife booked a surprise holiday for us and kids at end of september for my 30th. I would of much prefered an ECU reflash and it would be a lot fricking cheaper.

out of curiosity, how did he explain the inflated dyno figures?

Nice.

Making me even more gutted the wife booked a surprise holiday for us and kids at end of september for my 30th. I would of much prefered an ECU reflash and it would be a lot fricking cheaper.

out of curiosity, how did he explain the inflated dyno figures?

Simply a better dyno, having the correct airflow to the air ducts, NOT strapping the rear down so tight that the rear wheel cannot grow. Most dynos use software to balance the equation, i.e. no actual airflow but software can adjust for it. The better the Dyno the less adjustments required by software and more accurate the data. looking forward to get down there.

out of interest, what day next week you going? I might happen to be in the area for a casual solo ride ;) lol

It will be either Thursday or Friday mate, I will let you know when definite.

Oh and lumpy, i'm sure you already know, but get yourself a cheap part worn hard compound tyre fitted the day before. A couple 14k runs on a dyno will eat through whatever good quality expensive rubber you've got on it at moment.

out of interest, what day next week you going? I might happen to be in the area for a casual solo ride ;) lol

Is this invite only or can anyone rock up :D

like ross i'm looking to get mine done soon so would be interested to watch, and see the results!

Is this invite only or can anyone rock up :D

like ross i'm looking to get mine done soon so would be interested to watch, and see the results!

I kind of invited myself so lets just all crash Lumpy's dyno/ECU run. I want to rock up like you Dave to see results with my own eyes, as mine is in for same thing by same guy later in year.

Lumpy pay by credit card before you go down....I'll get there first and pretend to be you. lol

What day is this happening?

I would be interested to see what happens as I'm thinking of this as well.

Tomorrow 1pm dude. anyone in the vicinity is welcome to join us there will be tea and biscuits.

Cheer

Damn, was hoping you were going to say Friday. I'm working tonight 8:30 til 4. But I will still try and make it.

Back